Keywords: data science, image analysis, omics analysis, data integration, programming
We have an open position for a data engineer. The main goals of the project are to analyze MRI (muscle images) and omics (methylome) data obtained on a cohort of Facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy patients. The successful applicant will be involved in applying tools and software for image and omics data analysis and integration. The objective is to identify biomarkers of disease severity and progression.
The project is a shared position between the team of David Bendahan (Center for Magnetic Resonance in Biology and Medicine) and the team of Anaïs Baudot (Marseille Medical Genetics). The successful applicant will work in interdisciplinary teams, composed of scientists experts of image analysis, segmentation, computational biology and multimodal data integration.
- Master in Computer Sciences, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, or related fields.
- Skills in manipulation and data analysis
- Proficiency in programming (R, Python, Bash...)
- Good understanding of the Linux environment
- Good communication and reporting skills are required, as close work with team members and collaborations with biologists and clinicians are expected
Fully-funded position for 1 year in Marseille, with the possibility to be renewed. The starting date is expected in 2023. The salary will be based on experience. The CRMBM and MMG units are located in the La Timone faculty of Medicine campus, close to the hospital.
Applications can be sent directly to “david.bendahan – at – univ-amu.fr” and "anais.baudot – at – univ-amu.fr". Please make sure your application includes a cover letter, a detailed CV and the contact information of 2 references. Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until Autumn 2023.
For more information