Bioinformatician / Computational Biologist
Keywords: Networks, Systems Biology, Multiomics, Multimodal, Data integration, Rare diseases, Genetics
The Systems Biomedicine group led by Anaïs Baudot in the Marseille Medical Genetics Unit (MMG, Inserm – Aix*Marseille University), has an opening for a bioinformaticians/computational biologists. The main goals of our team are to develop computational approaches to better understand human diseases.
The successful applicant will be involved in the development of bioinformatics tools and software based on graph theory, dimensionality reduction and machine learning. The project will focus specifically on rare diseases and will give the opportunity to analyze a wide range of -omics data.
- Master and/or PhD in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Sciences or related fields
- Experience in manipulation and analysis of -omics data
- Experience in programming (R, Python, bash...), knowledge of the Linux environment
- Experience in the development of bioinformatics workflows and packages
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a multidisciplinary environment on multiple projects and in collaboration
- Good communication and reporting skills
Fully-funded position for 1 year in Marseille, with the possibility to be renewed. The salary will be based on experience. The MMG Unit is located in the La Timone faculty of Medicine campus and is a leader in the field of rare genetic diseases.
Applications can be sent directly to “anais.baudot – at – univ-amu.fr”. Please make sure your application includes a cover letter and CV, and the contact information of 2 references. Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.